Monday 16 March 2015

I'm happie -Janie

I decided to greet everyone I met when out walking. It was a beautiful day which made it easy to smile. Some people greet you with enthusiasm, or at the least, pleasant surprise. It's the ones that don't who intrigue me.
Being generous to them, they might be miserable for good reasons or feel unwell perhaps. When I have been depressed in the past I have avoided others and struggled to face people. What I fear the most is that some people are just downright miserable. Where I live it is usually older men who can't smile and greet others nicely. It makes me happie to interact with people and get a smile or hello back.
However I am lucky enough to live in a village, in town where hundreds of people pass by it wouldn't be so easy to greet everyone- if you did people would think you're barmy. Other rules apply so it is even harder to raise a smile in city folk. How would you get a smile or positive interaction in this case? Let us know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment