Tuesday 10 March 2015

I'm officially a "Happie" -Jen

A perfect day at home for me would be a warm summer's day, waking up to birdsong and having breakfast outside, pottering around in the garden, the kids playing and then getting together for a picnic lunch on the lawn.
I love growing my own vegetables and making family meals from home grown produce.
We also keep chickens who supply us with gorgeous tasting eggs.
Maybe I'd make a quiche and a salad, perfect picnic food..
In the evening we would have a BBQ and invite some good friends and the perfect day wouldn't end until after the stars were decorating the midnight sky.
It's nothing extravagant or expensive, and it doesn't even take any planning. its just one of those days that just "happens". But for me it's "just right"..
And I think that it's days like that you remember when the sun isn't shining..
A day like this, is for me a "happie". Something that adds to the "Feel good bank". And I think we need to make more of an effort with the "happies" in our life's.
And that is why me and Janie has taken it upon ourselves to start registering what our "happies" are, and also collect friends and families "happies". Please add your contribution in the "comments box". We are hoping to create an inspiring log to add a little happiness to everyday life.

Happie noun  /'hap.i/ Someone who tries to see or create a positive situation in everyday life.

  • Making an effort to lay a beautiful dinner table.
  • Take the time to notice the beauty in a stone you found on the beach.  
  • Keep a photo in your purse that makes you smile every time you see it.

happie noun /'hap.i/  Something little that makes you feel effortlessly good inside.
  • Stop and listen to the beautiful birdsong.
  • Feel how good the spring sun feels against your skin.
  • Lay in the grass and spot the shapes of the clouds.
An other of my favourite "happies" is walking bare feet on a sandy beach early in the morning whilst the sand is still cool, but the dawning sun gives a promise of a beautiful warm day.. Put your best sundress on!

No comments:

Post a Comment